Shape Your World Society
TOTAL MAKEOVER CHALLENGE RULES
OPEN TO ALL LEGAL FEMALE FRASER VALLEY RESIDENTS WHO ARE THE AGE OF MAJORITY (19YRS), OR OLDER, IN THE PROVINCE OF BRITISH COLUMBIA AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID IN WHOLE, OR PART, WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW; ENTRY IN THIS CHALLENGE CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CHALLENGE RULES
1. REGISTRATION SUBMISSION PERIOD. Registration Forms for the 2020 Total Makeover Challenge are being accepted between the dates Dec 1st, 2019 (12:01am PST) to Jan 12th, 2020 (Midnight PST).
2. ELIGIBILITY. This challenge is open to legal female residents of the Fraser Valley and the Vancouver Area who are at least 19 years old as of the date of entry, except directors or Panel of Experts, any party associated with the development or administration of this challenge, and the immediate family (i.e., parents, children, siblings, spouse), who are persons residing in the same household, as such individuals.
3. HOW TO REGISTER. Visit https://totalmakeoverchallenge.com/ during the Registration Period and follow the instructions to complete and submit the registration form. All registrants must share why they need a TOTAL MAKEOVER, submit a recent (within 1 month) full body picture and pay a Registration Fee of $35.00 including GST. There is a limit of one (1) registration per person per city. Registration forms will be declared invalid if they are late, illegible, incomplete or damaged. Registrations received online shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of an email address associated with the entry.
4. REGISTRANT NOTIFICATION. Each registrant will receive the Total Makeover Challenge Level One, “Human Needs “ Assessment, Workbook and a 30 min 1:1 coaching session valued at $150.00
Due to space restrictions, only 30 Registrants will move forward to The Total Makeover Challenge Level 2. These 30 Registrants will be chosen by a Panel of Experts from all eligible registration forms. Only the 30 Registrants chosen for the Level Two will be notified by telephone on or about Friday January 17th, 2020. Upon notification, the selected Registrant must respond by telephone to the contact number provided in the notification, and the selected Registrant’s response must be received by the Sponsors within 12 hours, from the date the Sponsor first tries to notify her. If the selected Registrant does not respond in accordance with the Challenge rules, she will be disqualified. Upon contacting a Registrant and determining that she has met all eligibility requirements of the challenge, including without limitation the execution of required waivers, publicity and liability releases and disclaimers, such individual will be moved to Level Two. If, as a result of an error relating to the registration process, drawing or any other aspect of the Challenge, there are more selected participated than contemplated in the challenge rules, there will be a random draw amongst all eligible Registrants after the challenge’s closing date to decide on the 30 Participants. All 30 Participants will be announced on the https://totalmakeoverchallenge.com/ website by Sun Jan 19th, 2020.
(The term “Registrants” will be interchangeable with “Participants” and “Challengers”)
5. CHALLENGE LEVELS
There are 4 levels offered during the 4 month Total Makeover Challenge program.
Level 1 will be offered to all Registrants during the period of Dec 1st 2019 to Jan 12th, 2020.
Level 2 will be offered to 30 Challengers starting Jan 18th.
Level 3 - will be offered to 15 Challengers starting the week of March 2nd. The remaining challengers from Level 2 will be invited to continue in the weekly meetings.
Level 4 - will be offered to 6 Challengers starting the week of April 20th. The remaining challengers will be invited to continue with weekly meetings.
All Challengers will be expected to participate in all Challenge events. This may include some evenings and weekend participation. (please visit the event page for dates) Also weekly weigh and measures will happen on the evenings of Mondays for Chilliwack, Tuesdays for Abbotsford and Wednesdays for Langley.
6. PEOPLE CHOICE AWARD. At the end of each of the levels, the public will be asked to visit online and “choose” their favorite transformation. Awards will be presented for both inner and outer transformations with recognition for program participation, attitude, leadership skills and other mini challenges. “Choices” are tracked through the IP address that the public uses. Please note if there is only one IP Address in a single home, a total of only 10 “Choices” can be made. This is monitored by the platform back office and it is up to their discretion to cancel “Choices” where more than 10 are made from the same IP address in any given day. Under no circumstances can there be an exchange of monies for the purchase of inflating selections. Challengers who break these rules may be disqualified from the challenge. People Choice Award dates for 2020 are as follows: Feb 21-25, April 10-April 14 and May 15th - May 19th.
7. CHALLENGE AWARDS. The Challengers will participate in a fitness, health and personal growth/development Challenge. Level One Participants will receive a “Human Needs Assessment and 30 min coaching session. Level Two, Three and Four Participants receive Awards including but not limited to a gym membership, Weekly Weigh and Measures, Nutritional and Personal Development Coaching. Additional awards will be presented at each of the levels. All services are donated by local merchants. Services may vary from city to city and TMC reserves the right to make substitutions at any time. Please see the CHALLENGE AWARDS under the Challenge Info segment of the Total Makeover Challenge Website for the most updated list of services and AWARDS.
8. SPONSORS. All Sponsors involved in the Total Makeover Challenge will be donating their time, services and/or products. In exchange for their donations, they will be promoting their products and/or services with the Total Makeover website, workshops and events, and it is understood that there is no commitment for the participants to purchase. The participant’s advancement to another level does not increase or decrease in relation to any purchasing or non-purchasing of sponsor services and/or products.
9. NO SERVICE TRANSFER OR SUBSTITUTION. No service or award or any portion thereof is transferable or redeemable for cash. Any portion of the service or award that is not used is forfeited. Awards and services are offered at the different levels of the challenge by the participating Total Makeover Challenge sponsors will be at the responsibility of these sponsors and Shape Your World is not liable for any loss or damage.
12. RELEASE Challengers will be required to execute a legal agreement and release (“Release”) that confirms Challenger’s: (i) eligibility for the Challenge and compliance with these Challenge Rules; (ii) acceptance of the awards as offered; (iii) release Shape Your World Society and each of the Sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, sponsors and administrators (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in this Challenge, participation in any Challenge-related activity or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any award, including but not limited to costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising there from; and (iv) grant to Shape Your World Society and Total Makeover Sponsors of the unrestricted right, in the Sponsors’ collective or individual discretion, to produce, reproduce, publish, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, exhibit, distribute, adapt and otherwise use or re-use the Challenger’s name photograph, likeness, voice and biography, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in connection with the Challenge and the promotion and exploitation thereof. The executed Release must be returned within two (2) business days of the verification process.
13. INDEMNIFICATION BY CHALLENGER By entering the Challenge, Challenger releases and holds Releasees harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the Challenger, Releasees or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any award, participation in this Challenge, any breach of these Challenge Rules, or in any award-related activity. The Challenger agrees to fully indemnify Releasees from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Challenge, without limitation.
14. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY Shape Your World Society and Sponsors of the Total Makeover Challenge assume no responsibility or liability for lost, late, misdirected or incomplete Entries, notifications, responses, replies or any Release, or for any computer, online, telephone, hardware, software or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an Entry. Shape Your World Society and Sponsors of the Total Makeover Challenge are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Challenge or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Challenge. Shape Your World Society and Sponsors of the Total Makeover Challenge assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries. Shape Your World Society and Sponsors of the Total Makeover Challenge are not responsible for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, e-mail, players, or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing. Shape Your World Society and Sponsors of the Total Makeover Challenge are not responsible for any injury or damage to Challenger or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Challenge. Challenger assumes liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the Challenge, or by the acceptance, possession, use of, or failure to receive any award. Shape Your World Society and Sponsors of the Total Makeover Challenge assume no responsibility or liability in the event that the Challenge cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of the Shape Your World Society and Sponsors of the Total Makeover Challenge, such as infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Challenge or the Challenge Website.
15. CONDUCT By entering this Challenge, Registrant agrees to be bound by these Rules, which will be posted at the TMC website throughout the Challenge Period. Registrant further agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Panel of Experts and Sponsors, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Shape Your World Society and Sponsors of the Total Makeover Challenge reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any registrant found to be: (a) violating the Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Challenge Website, or any canada.com website; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions or use and/or general rules or guidelines of any canada.com property or service; and/or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE CHALLENGE WEBSITE OR ANY RELATED WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CHALLENGE MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SHAPE YOUR WORLD SOCIETY AND SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
16. PRIVACY AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION By entering this Challenge, Registrants grant to Shape Your World Society and Sponsors of the Total Makeover Challenge the right to: (a) use her personal information for the purpose of administering the Challenge; (b) use her name, photograph, video, likeness, voice, public blogging, award information and/or biographical information for publicity and promotional purposes without further compensation unless prohibited by law; and (c) use her name and her respective city and province of residence in connection with the TMC Website, other related websites and/or in any other media now known or hereafter devised. Furthermore, Registrants consent to Shape Your World Society and Sponsors of the Total Makeover Challenge use of her name, e-mail address and telephone number for the purpose of sending the Registrant’s information about the Sponsors’ products and/or services, and contacting the Registrant about future sales and marketing promotions. In addition, Shape Your World Society may disclose the Registrants name, e-mail address and telephone number to third-party agents and service providers of any of the Shape Your World Society and Sponsors in connection with any of these activities.
17. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, logos, slogans and representations are owned by Shape Your World Society and Sponsors of the Total Makeover Challenge and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted Total Makeover Challenge material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
18. TERMINATION Shape Your World Society and Sponsors of the Total Makeover Challenge reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, amend, modify or terminate all or any portion of the Total Makeover Challenge at any time for any reason without prior notice.
19. LAW These are the official Total Makeover Challenge Rules. The Total Makeover Challenge is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. These rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Shape Your World Society and Sponsors of the Total Makeover Challenge.
20. SPONSORSHIP. This Promotion is sponsored by Shape Your World Society.